Sunday 19 April 2015

True Friends vs Fake Friends

Howdie! Long time no chat, my bad.


This time, I'm going to share about how to know or decide people around you who are being a true friend or a fake friend. As I'm already finished my high school about two years ago, I think that I might be able to give you guys some tips that will help you to open up your eyes on determine who is your true friends and those who are not because I've somehow been through some friendship problems throughout my high school year and I've seen quiet a lot.


First thing first, do you feel good while you are spending time with that person or a group of people? Are you being yourself around them or do you feel like you are in some kind of pressure that you need to act in a certain way to feel accepted? Do they truly care about you? Are they a good listener? These are the most important things that you need in finding a true friend. 


If you guys are having fun together and not having the pressure to think before you speak and you are able to show your worst habit naturally in front of them, then I can guarantee that it is a real friendship. But of course, you still need to think of their feelings when you are talking to them because being a true friend, we can't hurt each other right? 

If you always feel left out or need to impress them by speaking out something or you just feel like you are not being the real you with them around you, that is probably not a true friendship. Well, sometimes I feel like I'm challenged to say something that I know its not the real me even until now actually. Therefore, sometimes I just kept quiet. If they constantly criticise you, or control you and bring you down or abuse your generosity, they are definitely not a true friend. I would say just get rid of them. I know sometimes its hard to do so but just try, you will never know before you try.


I can say that I'm kind of an introvert person who does not know how to take the first step in making friends, but I'm trying really hard to change myself because we need friends in our life. Without friends, our life is meaningless. We would have nobody to share our happiness with, nobody to share our sadness with. We might ended up being a loner which is not a good thing in our society.

I'm really glad that I know who actually are my true friends (who are those I'm still in contact with till today even though every one of us is now not in the same place anymore but we can still chit chat for hours and talk out butts off when we meet which is like once in a blue moon). We've been through a journey where we shared our happiness, sadness and craziness. We laughed, we cried. Not everyone can handle you but I know that we can handle us right. And of course, I will never stop myself in knowing more people and letting them to join in my life journey and I'm glad that I'm having a few friends that I can trust when my old friends are not by my side. I really appreciate all of them. 


True friends can't be measured by how many people are in a group. I've seen some large group of friends suffer from not being loyal, or being left out, or even being criticised by their so call "best friends". 

Whether a friendship comes in a pair, three, four or more, be a trustworthy friend that your friends can rely on. Change ourselves before changing others.

If you still can't find the "community" that actually suits you, just hold on tight and keep looking. As Dory from the Finding Nemo said "just keep swimming". Good luck!

PS: Acquittances are not fake friends. Acquittances are those friends that you can share thoughts with but just not at the stage of true friends while fake friends are those who are being your "best friends" but not in a good way.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13421969/?claim=m3j3ddmmevm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Disclaimer: All opinions are on my own. Non of the products are sponsored. 

Business enquiries: stylemechummy@gmail.com

Stay true to yourself
xoxo
Jacqueline

Be friends with me: Instagram Twitter Bloglovin'

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jaq, got your site address from reading your comment about NuffNang. This is still on Blogspot, did you try applying for Adsense? Sorry for the uninvited question, just wanna talk about ad network :) Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it's ok.. :) I tried to apply but was not approved. So I need more time to grow before apply it again..

      Delete