Tuesday 17 February 2015

Lunar New Year with Nasty Gal


Lunar New Year aka Chinese New Year is in 2 days! 2 days?!
Here are some outfit ideas that you might love for Chinese New Year. I've found some outfits from elegant chic to street style. I hope this helps in finding the perfect outfit to wear for different activities you might have during the Chinese New Year.


Family Gathering

For family gathering, wear casual, feel free to be all comfortable while chatting and bursting out in laughter. Most importantly, make sure you have space to fill your stomach with tons of food and that you won't feel tight in your clothes after the meal.

Visiting

Well, this is kind of the tough part. You see, as the typical Chinese oldies, they do not like when we wear all black to their house. In their opinion, black brings bad luck. If you are a "all black" person, try to change that by maybe just add a little colour to your outfit. Remember to be presentable and appropriate while visiting as a symbol of respect.


Outing

Outing with friends, I might say, you can wear however you want as you just want to show your style and maybe have a little fashion show down the street with your friends while shopping, have a drink at Starbucks or trying out new cafes in town.

High Tea

If you are a high tea kind of person, well it's the beginning of spring during the Lunar New Year, so bright and flattering outfit should be the choice. Laces, florals, mid dress and skirts are just perfect for high teas.

Party

I know a lot of you social butterflies will have at least a party to attend for Lunar New Year, and of course I know you guys must have plenty of outfit ideas if you are always attending parties. Here are just some of my favourites and there are a lot more on Nasty Gal, it would have been a very long list if I share everything. For me, I would wear outfits that allow me to move around easily without any worries. Wearing comfortable is important to me too.


Hope you guys find some outfit inspirations from me and have a wonderful Lunar New Year. Enjoy your holiday! Happy Chinese New Year!


<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13421969/?claim=m3j3ddmmevm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Disclaimer: All opinions are on my own. Non of the products are not sponsored.
 
Business enquiry: stylemechummy@gmail.com
 
Stay true to yourself
xoxo
Jacqueline
Be friends with me: Instagram / Twitter / Bloglovin'

No comments:

Post a Comment