Friday 9 January 2015

What If | Inpiration of the Week

 
(Taken from Google.com)
Dear Claire, "What" and "If" are two words as non-threatening as words can be. But put them together side-by-side and they have the power to haunt you for the rest of your life: What if? What if? What if? I don't know how your story ended but if what you felt then was true love, then it's never too late. If it was true then, why wouldn't it be true now? You need only the courage to follow your heart. I don't know what a love like Juliet's feels like: love to leave loved ones for, love to cross oceans for, but I'd like to believe if I ever were to feel it, that I'd have the courage to seize it. And Claire, if you didn't, I hope one day that you will. All my love, Juliet - Letters to Juliet

What, If.
What if? 
See how strong when these 2 different words are being combined together.  These two words have been haunting me for years and years since I was small.
What if, I choose that over this?
What if, that was mine?
What if, I'm not the person who I am right now?
There are so many possibilities out there behind the word "what if". Both good and bad.
I have always been thinking about the possibilities that I will get in almost every steps that I take in my life.

When I was younger, I was always afraid in trying new things. "What if(s)" always popped up in my head. I was always worried that "What if I fall when I climb up high?", "What if  I get lost when I'm running around in the park?", "What if they don't like me? Will I make no friends?" These thoughts of mine had made me the person that I am today which is not the real me. I don't want to be like that. In my heart, I want to be daring. I love to try new things. I'm always jealous looking other kids playing and running around without having any worries. They are just daring in doing what they love. See how "what if(s)" can change one's life? Until now, I still afraid to be the real me because I'm afraid of other people's comments on me. I'm just afraid that they'll say that I've "changed". 

As I grow older, "what if(s)" continues to control my life. I'm still afraid in failing, therefore, I don't dare to try. "What if(s) also exist in another way, which will lead us to day dreaming who are being called as the day dreamers which including me. We love to make ourself lost in our own world and think about the "what if(s)". Sometimes, I might even think of the worst things that can ever happen to me. For example, what if I loose the ones that I love? The one I care? What will happen to me? Or what will happen to them if I'm gone? I still remember that the other night, I was thinking about what if the house was caught on fire, what should I grab first? What's the most important things to me in my life now? Should I grab that first or should I get the other one? These kind of thoughts will always pop up randomly in my mind.
After waking up from day dreaming, I will then think about what if I used the time to make a change in life? Wouldn't it be better and achieve what I always wanted? Why wouldn't I start doing things that I love now? Am I still afraid? What if all my dreamed "what if(s)" came true? Will I be happy? Will I be sad? Or will I be just the same as who I am right now? See how complicated it is?

"What if(s)" day dreaming seems to waste a lot of our time but look at the bright side, it may also become a starting point in whatever choices you make in your future. You just wouldn't know. But the most important thing right now is that if you ever get the chance to choose, choose the path that you inspired the most. Sometimes it is really hard to get what you want, or achieve what you love, but maybe the other path that was given is better for you? Who knows? Maybe you will be a more successful person than you think you will be. Maybe the path that inspired you doesn't suit you but the other path did. You will still be able to follow your dream even if you didn't get the choice that you wanted. Dreams are never too late to achieve. Also, remember that the possibilities of "what if(s)" are very wide. No one will knows what is the ending of every "what if(s)". Therefore, it doesn't matter if you failed a couple of times. Have courage to seize it. Just keep trying new things, I'm sure you will never loose anything but only grow with it. Of course, no dugs.

Don't make "what if(s)" control you. What are you waiting for?
(Video taken from YouTube by NickelbackVEVO)
 
<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13421969/?claim=m3j3ddmmevm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

Disclaimer: All opinions are on my own. Non of the products are sponsored.

Business enquiry: stylemechummy@gmail.com
 
Stay true to yourself
xoxo
Jacqueline
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment