Monday 5 January 2015

3 Steps to Hunt for THE Bag


(Photos obtained from Google.com and collaged by myself)

Is it just me or is anyone else who are obsessed with bags but have been failing in finding THE bag that will complete your lives?? I know I do.. I have a few bags but they somehow failed to me.

I love to buy shoulder bags but I always ended up getting it in the smaller size ones because I just hate to bring huge bags with me, I just felt that it's a burden that I have to bare and take care of it 24/7 to make sure it is always with me despite of having fun while outing or you know?? Shopping?? 
I love all my shoulder bags but I still haven't own one that can fit all of my essentials. After been failing so many times, I had make up my mind that I will stop myself buying random bags and just look for THE bag that will complete me. These are some of the things that came up to my mind before buying bags and it really works in preventing myself to spend my money unnecessarily and save it to buy the bag that I really want. 

1st step: Identify your essentials
Know what are your essentials for any events really helps in choosing THE bag for a particular event. For me, my essentials are basically my iPad mini, my long purse, my phone, maybe a small emergency bag which includes a pen, a small notebook, and tissues. These are my everyday essentials, therefore, I don't need a huge bag. I just need one that can basically fits all my essentials. All of my shoulder bags that I've owned failed to fit in my iPad mini. That really sucks. But if I'm going to travel, I'll go for a bigger bag for sure or just a backpack which is much more handyin my oipnion. 

2nd step: Identify your style
Look through your closet and find the outfits that you basically wear the most. That is probably your signature style. Identify the colours of your outfits, and choose the colour of  THE bag that will complete your look. For me, I always wear white or grey top with jeans or dark colour skinnies. To make my outfit to maintain in the down to earth style, I would go for black or those brownish leather bag. If I want to brighten up my dull outfit with a fresh pop of colour, I would go for maybe like a really light baby pink which basically looks like the GIVENCHY ANTIGONA MINI bag in baby pink that I have been obsessed of. I have been doing research about it and it does fit my iPad mini and all my other essentials, and its small. Unfortunately, it's out of my budget which leads to the next point.  

3rd step: Identify you budget
Well, I know.. I know.. As we scroll down our Instagram feeds, we see all those ladies posing with their designer bags and we were like "OMG! Why is my life sucks?? Isn't it great if I'm as rich as them??" I'm sincerely telling you here that you are not alone. Of course, like everybody else, I will get jealous jealousy here but I'm still grateful of what I have now. We too can be like them someday by working hard by ourselves.. Maybe one day, who knows? You may own your own brand and they will be using it?? ;) 
Okay, I've been losing my connection here with the title, sorry.. 
There is this app which is called The Hunt app, which basically will be your best friend in making your closet perfect. It is available in the App Store and now it is also available in the Play Store! Yay!! So you can snap pictures when you see the perfect outfit that you have been looking for while you were walking down the street, then you post it on The Hunt and set your budget, there is this whole community in there that are very helpful will try to help you hunt down any information of the particular item that you want to know including the website that you can get it.  
Also, if you don't want to use the app, you can also hunt down your dream bag yourself by window shopping at the malls or on websites. I'm sure that one day, you will be able to walk down the street, looking fabulous with THE bag. :D 
Remember, go for the best that you can get. Do some research before deciding what to buy so that you won't regret after that.

I have not find THE bag of mine yet because I'm a very picky person. I want to find one that I can dress it up and dress it down with. I hope everybody will be able to find THE bag with the tips that I gave.. Good luck! 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/13421969/?claim=m3j3ddmmevm">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>
 
Disclaimer: All opinions are on my own. Non of the products are sponsored.

Business enquiry: stylemechummy@gmail.com
 
Stay true to yourself
xoxo
Jacqueline






1 comment:

  1. Thank you!! You are the first one to comment in my blog! This makes me really happy! :) I didn't know people will actually found my blog. Thank you again! I'm glad you found your perfect bag...

    ReplyDelete